Sunday, April 15, 2012

Welcome to the Vintage Nest

Vintage Nest began with my passion for scouring the antique markets on weekends for that unusual find - - the thrill of the hunt! Along the way I realized that I wanted to spend more and more time re-purposing my finds and expressing my inner desire to be creative. 
By early 2006 I had accumulated well over two storage units full of furniture and home accessories from my antique explorations. Not to mention that we could no longer park our 2 cars in the garage because this too was overflowing with my finds. 
Having spent over 20 years in the advertising business and no longer being challenged by my job I decided to incorporate my passion for vintage inspired furnishings into my everyday life by establishing Vintage Nest. Vintage Nest gives me the opportunity to share my passion with others who enjoy decorating their homes with elegant, time-worn pieces.
A mother of two small children with a growing volunteer schedule I knew Vintage Nest would have to satisfy my need to explore my dream as well as maintain a balanced home life. 
In the beginningVintage Nest only opened its doors to the public one weekend per month.Customers were notified by postcard of upcoming sales as well as email announcements.  In September 2011 Vintage Nest moved to The Glen Town Center and is now open 7 days a week.
Vintage: classic, mature, rare, time-honored, enduring, superior

Nest: a place affording snug refuge or lodging; a home
Vintage Nest
1891 Tower Drive
Glenview, IL  60026
# 847.834.0287

















7 comments:

  1. Welcome to blogland, Mindy. I'm glad you're following your passion.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Mindy,

    I found your blog via Room 363. I love your shop and everything in it! I can tell you definitely have amazing creativity. I have added you to my blog roll and am now following you. Stop by for a visit sometime at http://lareportiste.blogspot.com/.

    Have a great day and I'm glad you found your passion!

    ReplyDelete
  3. MINDY . . . Mark sent us over and WOW ! . . . this will be alot of FUN to follow, WELCOME !!! JOE & GLENN

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Mindy,
    Came over to meet you thru Mark @ 363.
    Any friend of Mark's is a friend of mine.
    You have great style.
    I'm a new follower- welcome to all the fun!
    Have a great day,
    Tina

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi! Just found you through 363 - and I love it all!! I'm in Illinois as well - in the middle of the state!! Someday I will make it up your way to meet you and all of your goodies!! I'm a new follower!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow,
    Your shop looks amazing!!! I am dying over that vintage ticking settee!!
    Congratulations and best of luck!!
    Have a beautiful weekend.
    Sincerely,
    Melinda

    ReplyDelete